How to Block Ads on Words With Friends
Somebody should tell the developers of Words With Friends that friends don’t make friends watch enormous amounts of ads! It starts to be ridiculous. Users have to wait until the 30-second promo finishes after every single move. If you’re a fan of Words With Friends, then you know the app may start bombarding you with unskippable ads right in the middle of the turn. As a result of its advertising policy, the game draws customers away which is sad. But if you don’t want to give up this game, the following guide will help to remove ads in Words With Friends.
As of today, thousands of Words With Friends gamers choose AdLock to block in-game ads. And while AdLock works like a charm, we will still explore alternatives to the popular ad blocker. We believe in providing choices and democracy.
Frequent Pinterest visitor? You should know then that its ads are quite pesky. Lear how to block ads on Pinterest in a matter of minutes from our article!
How to Remove Ads From Words With Friends
There are two effective ways to play Words With Friends with no ads:
For the web version
- Paid ad-free version;
- Ad-blocking browser extensions and applications.
For the mobile app (Android & iOS)
- Premium WWF bundle;
- Third-party ad-blocking applications.
Both solutions are apparent, but each has its pitfalls. I’ll navigate you through the deep waters of complex information and help you choose the most beneficial option.
Web Version of Words With Friends Without Ads
I can offer you three ways how to play Words With Friends without ads:
- Use a browser ad blocker. The easiest and most cost-effective option is to get a free ad-blocking extension. For example, AdLock is available for Chrome and Safari; it doesn’t have an acceptable ads policy by default, so it instantly blocks all ads when enabled and blocks malicious websites.
- Use a system-wide ad blocker. Talking of full-fledged ad-blocking applications for computers on Windows and macOS, it’s worth noting that they provide a set of aidful features on top of routine ad blocking provided by extensions. For instance, AdLock mercilessly removes all advertisements, blocks online trackers and malware attacks, secures personal data from tricky scammers, and even more.
- Pay to remove ads. If you support paying for numerous Premiums (We’re sure you don’t), you’d love to spend $30 for adless WWF.
To purchase Premium Words With Friends:
- Open WWF;
- Click the Help icon, then select Remove Web Ads;
- Click Buy.
Words With Friends With No Ads on Mobile
Ads in a mobile WWF app are the worst because if you don’t have an ad skipper, you can’t do anything while the ad is playing. We are yet to develop the skipper specifically for games, and for now, we can offer you other options that block ads on Words With Friends:
- Airplane mode. My all-time favorite method to stop ads on any mobile game. To enjoy it on WWF, you need to be a bit introverted, as you’ll be able to play the game only in practice mode without actual friends. After your every move, the game will advertise its features and new versions instead of third-party ads (pic on the left). And sometimes those ads will glitch, leaving a blank black screen (pic on the right).
- Premium ad-free bundles. Yeah, another premium on top of your paid subscriptions for Netflix, Spotify, etc. Well, if you aren’t a cost-conscious person, here’s a quick guide on purchasing your ad-free pass:
- Launch Words With Friends;
- Tap the Store (a cart icon);
- Check each ad-free bundle to choose the correct one: some bundles offer ad-less gaming only for 30 days!
- Tap Upgrade or Buy.
That’s it. In addition to the ad-free gaming experience, you will likely get some bonuses if a special offer is available.
- Use a systemwide ad blocker for Words With Friends. As the name of our website suggests, AdLock is our powerful ad blocker. It’s a comprehensive solution that can eliminate all irritating ads from your online experience, not only on web pages but also in apps and games. We’ve designed it to be incredibly user-friendly. All you need to do is install AdLock on your Android or iOS device, activate it, and follow a simple two-step setup process. Please, scroll down for precise instructions on setting up AdLock for Android and iOS. This is the best way to get ad-free words with friends as well as other games and apps you enjoy using on your device.
Words With Friends Without Ads on Android
Ad Blocker for Words With Friends
First things first. Here’s how to use AdLock on your Android:
- Download AdLock for Android and install it on your device.
Check this instruction if you never installed apps not from Play Market. Make sure to follow the onboarding and instructions to avoid possible issues carefully.
- Launch AdLock, tap the hamburger menu, and choose Settings.
- Tap Check for Updates and tap UPDATE in the next window.
- Go to the AdLock tab and tap a big red button, INSTALL CERTIFICATE, to enable HTTPS filtering.
- Verify your identity in the following window by scanning your fingerprint, setting a graphic key, or creating the password.
- Tap the hamburger menu and choose the Buy Now option to select a plan that works for you.
Words With Friends No Ads APK
You can enjoy playing Words With Friends, no ads, using a modded APK downloaded from the internet. These modified versions provide an ad-free experience, often with additional game bonuses, unlimited coins, and hints. While some argue that using cheats takes away from the joy and purpose of the game, the decision is ultimately yours to make. There are also no guarantees that the APK you choose will be safe to use. If someone can manipulate the game’s code to offer free in-game benefits, they could also implement code to compromise your personal data. We highly recommend thoroughly researching the developer before downloading and installing a modded APK.
Words With Friends Without Ads on iPhone
Speaking of iOS-driven (and iPadOS, of course) devices, you can stop ads on Words With Friends on iPhone the same way as on other smartphones: you either play in airplane mode, buy a Premium bundle for at least $11.99 or stick with the best ad blocker for words with friends.
Let’s consider AdLock first. Finally, iOS users can get something for free. AdLock blocks ads for free in Safari so you can enjoy the web version of the game in the mobile browser. Here’s how to set up AdLock on your iPhone or iPad:
- Download and install AdLock for iOS.
- Open Settings, find and tap Safari.
- Tap Extensions and switch on all AdLock toggles.
- Launch AdLock, and tap the Ad-free web surfing toggle to enable ad-blocking.
To stop ads in the WWF app on iPhone/iPad, you need to do the following:
- Complete the four steps from above.
- Tap the Premium toggle and choose a $12 yearly or $3,49 monthly plan. You’ll get a 7-day trial, and if you don’t like the work of AdLock, you’ll receive your money back, no questions asked.
How to Play Words With Friends 2 Without Ads
WWF’s succeeding version, Words With Friends 2, was launched in 2017 and offered users extended features and 50,000 more words. With its new features, WWF2 brought new unskippable ads driving free users even more insane than before. Some people decided to abandon the game and not look back.
If you want to get rid of ads on Words With Friends 2, you have three options:
- Buy an ad-free version of the game;
- Download a modded ad-free version of Words with Friends 2;
- Install a reliable ad-blocker.
Official ad-free WWF2 Premium costs $9.99, while AdLock costs only $3.5 per month and provides many additional useful features on top. Words With Friends 2 is an independent game, and the purchased premium in the original game won’t work in it. While with AdLock, you’ll forget about any irritating ads in both games and YouTube, SoundCloud, Crunchyroll, Twitch, and many more on five devices. Moreover, you get outstanding privacy and security protection alongside with anti-malware module.
In conclusion, we’d like to suggest you choose the best solution that would meet all your demands. If you have unanswered questions, feel free to contact us and get additional information.
Why am I getting ads on Words With Friends?
This is Zynga’s business model. Developers still need money, and advertising is still the most rewarding method to make a pretty penny.
How to remove ads from Words With Friends 2 on iPad?
To permanently remove ads from Words With Friends 2 on iPad, you can upgrade to the ad-free version through an in-app purchase, play the game in airplane mode, or use an ad blocker.
Is “Words with Friends Premium” worth it?
The recent game updates have made it clear that non-premium users will rarely receive reward chests. Honestly, this strategy is bound to harm the game. The majority of dedicated Words With Friends players agree that it’s simply not worth paying $10 for Premium. We wholeheartedly support this sentiment since investing $10 in something that offers real value is far more advantageous.
What are the alternatives of Words With Friends without ads?
If you want a game that’s just like Words With Friends, try to play Wordfeud and Word Chums. If you enjoy word games in general and want to play something new, you might enjoy Scrabble GO, Razzle, and Wordscapes.
How much is Words With Friends without ads?
Please note that the cost of the subscription varies depending on your location and the platform you are using (iOS or Android). To get the most accurate and up-to-date information on the pricing for the ad-free version of Words With Friends, we recommend checking the app store on your device (Google Play Store for Android or Apple App Store for iOS).
Can you play Words With Friends without Facebook?
Yes, you can play Words With Friends without using Facebook. While the game does have the option to connect with Facebook to find friends and invite them to play, it also allows you to play without a Facebook account.You can create an account when you first launch the game via a standard procedure — filling out the email and username fields. Then you can either connect your account to your Facebook profile (to invite friends for a clash) or skip this step at all.