Ohayou, friends! Guess you are here because you are sick and tired of adverts in Crunchyroll. We know that feeling. We really do.
The good thing about Crunchyroll adverts is they promote only themselves and their anime. The bad thing is the number of ads — it’s unbearable.
One 24-minute video contains four advertising blocks:
- One pre-roll (15 seconds);
- Four ads at the beginning of the episode (30-seconds each);
- Four mid-rolls (30-seconds each);
- Four post-rolls (15, 30, 30 and 20 seconds).
There’s no way to skip Crunchyroll ads — gotta watch ‘em all.
The total duration of ads per 24 minutes video is six minutes which means that by the time you watch four episodes of anime you’ll spend time equal to one episode watching only commercials. And you are not getting back the time.
We are here to show you how to use the Crunchyroll without ads.
No time to read? Just download AdLock for Windows and watch Crunchyroll without ads.
- Crunchyroll in 2020
- Crunchyroll Without Ads with Premium Memberships
- Using a Guest Pass to Watch Anime Episodes for Free
- How to get a Guest Pass
- How to Watch Crunchyroll Without Ads for Free
- How to Get Rid of Ads on Crunchyroll Using AdLock
- Remove Ads Using AdLock from the Crunchyroll Website
- How to Remove Ads from the Crunchyroll App
Crunchyroll in 2020
Crunchyroll, as in the past, still mostly advertises anime series which sometimes can be harmful. Anime advertising is dark and full of spoilers forgive me for this popular reference. Crunchyroll viewers complain about seeing turning points and plot twists of their favorite shows in the ads that ruin the whole series for them.
Ahem…Menopause medication and erectile dysfunction ads for anime viewers… Niceu targeting, Crunchyroll.
Crunchyroll Without Ads with Premium Memberships
In adverts, Crunchyroll often pushes its ad-free Premium subscription which starts from $7.99 per month and $79.99 per year.
What’s good about Premium is that it gives you access to the whole anime library and allows watching shows without ads with the exception of direct sponsorships.
Using a Guest Pass to Watch Anime Episodes for Free
One of the ads- and charge-free ways to enjoy anime episodes on Crunchyroll is a guest pass. Guest Pass is a monthly perk for premium users. Once per month premium users receive a passcode that serves as an invitation ticket. Using a guest pass, a newcomer can experience all delights of prime membership for 48 hours — kinda a glimpse of a fully-featured service.
Also, there’s a restriction concerning guest passes. If you set up a free account in the hope that you can abuse free trials one right after another — bullshit. Every free account can use up to 10 passcodes every six months. But that’s not to say you can’t set up several free accounts and mess with switching them.
How to get a Guest Pass?
The easiest way of getting a passcode is to have a friend with a Crunchyroll Premium subscription and ask them to share the guest pass with you. That’s how Crunchyroll wants it to work. In case you have no prime friends, you can use one of the following suggestions.
- Reddit Weekly Guest Megathread
You can grab a guest pass on the Crunchyroll subreddit every Thursday. The only downside of this method is that you have to be quick. Users share their passcodes right in the posts, so any reader can take them.
- Crunchyroll Forum
Crunchyroll has its own official guest pass thread where users share passcodes publicly. The thread is constantly updated, so it will take a couple of minutes to find the pass that works.
There are hundreds of anime groups on Facebook, where fellow weebs share their guest passes. Do a little research, find a group, engage with other users, find a publicly posted pass or ask for one in direct messages.
To admit, prime users argue that guest passes are handed out intermittently. It happens that they don’t receive them for months. In response to this issue, Crunchyroll says:
“Guest Passes are a complimentary service, not a guaranteed part of the Premium offering, and are not currently supported. We are evaluating whether or not to continue providing them as a service. We apologize, but we do not provide backlogged passes. If you would occasionally like to share Crunchyroll Premium Membership with a friend for two days, please contact us using the link below with the username or login email of the friend, and we can set them up.” (Source)
How to Watch Crunchyroll Without Ads for Free
We’ve found a glitch that allows watching ads-free Crunchyroll without even having an account. Since it is a glitch, developers may fix it any time, so there is no guarantee this method would work forever.
If you want to try Crunchyroll app without ads, follow these steps:
- Launch the Crunchyroll application;
- Proceed to the “Anime” tab (without logging in);
- Open anime series you want to watch;
- Open the episode and wait for the advert to load;
- Tap the “Tap for More Info” on the advert (it’ll take you to the Crunchyroll page);
- Tap off, close the page;
- Return to the Crunchyroll app;
- Open the episode again;
- Enjoy it without ads.
At the end of the day, Premium doesn’t seem that expensive but what if we offer you Crunchyroll (and not only) without ads much cheaper?
How to Get Rid of Ads on Crunchyroll Using AdLock
Of course, we were talking about AdLock there is no other app in the world that can block ads as neat as AdLock does.
How to Block Ads on Crunchyroll (Windows)
- Download AdLock for Windows and install an app on your computer. Don’t worry AdLock is free to use for a 14-day trial we don’t ask your credit card and other financial and personal information. There are also no strings attached you are free to object using AdLock at any stage.
- After the installation is completed, open AdLock and basically this is it. AdLock is a systemwide ad-blocker so you can use any web browser of your choice without seeing ads.
This is how to remove all Crunchyroll ads on Windows.
How to Block Ads on Crunchyroll (Android)
To disable ads on your Android download AdLock from there and follow three simple steps of installation. Then follow instructions of the guide below to adjust ad blocker to get rid of ads on the Crunchyroll app:
- Check for updates
Open an application, tap on the three dots on the top right corner and choose Check updates. In a new menu tap on UPDATE ALL
- Switch to the AdLocker tab and enable HTTPS filtering. In a pop-up window tap OK. Then you will be asked to set a graphic key to verify your identity for future actions. Set a pattern you surely will remember.
That’s it! From this moment you can watch anime on the Crunchyroll website or in the application with no ad pauses!
Update from February 2020!
For the last couple of months, users all over the web have been complaining about AdBlock not working on Crunchyroll. Other ad-blocking extensions including uBlock Origin were faced with the same problem. Looks like Crunchyroll occasionally applies new anti-adblocker algorithms as according to the Reddit user u/Silverlight64 there were no obstacles viewing content on other websites such as Twitch and YouTube.
What are the conclusions? Choose an ad-blocking service that tries to anticipate the upcoming anti-ad-blocking updates — AdLock. Enjoy Crunchyroll without ads.