If you have read about the worst celebrity plastic surgeries then you’re clearly aware of Taboola. Taboola doesn’t serve ads for something but rather a very unwanted shock content. And that content can freely cover like 50% of a web page. If you’re sick chasing news among dozens of click baits, then you definitely want to know how to block sponsored links by Taboola.
- What is Taboola and How it Works
- How to Remove Taboola Ads Easily With AdLock
- Removing ads from Windows
- Removing ads from Android
- Alternative Ways to Get Rid of Taboola Ads from Browsers
- Uninstall Taboola From Your PC
- Taboola Removal From Google Chrome
- Taboola Removal From Mozilla Firefox
- Taboola Removal From Opera
- Taboola Removal From Safari
- Taboola Removal From Microsoft Edge
- Removing Taboola from Windows Shortcuts
- Removing Taboola from Registry
- Removing Taboola from Autorun Tasks
- Removing Taboola from Startup
- Removing Taboola from Services
What is Taboola and How it Works
Taboola is an adware that positions itself as an alluring platform for monetization. It’s equally bad for users and advertisers. In a nutshell, this program states that it will advertise your content on the website of its sponsors. But in fact, Taboola is categorized as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and can be installed on the system without your consent.
So, we strongly advise not to click on Taboola sponsored posts to avoid being redirected to malicious websites.
How to Remove Taboola Ads Easily With AdLock
AdLock will permanently deactivate Taboola ads and leave not a shred of them. You will be surprised by how much space there is actually on the web pages you’re used to visiting. You will enjoy unobstructed reading of any stuff even in a reduced size window. AdLock runs unnoticeably in the background its filters do the job, and all you see is clean pages. Additionally, from the moment you install AdLock your personal data and internet activity will be unreachable for advertisers or tricksters. In fact, even we won’t know which websites you visit as AdLock doesn’t send data outside of your device. You and your device will be completely safe.
Removing ads from Windows
We’ve recently developed a stable version for Windows to help you to shut off Taboola ads on your PC. AdLock for Windows is just as effective as its older brother AdLock for Android. It blocks annoying ads protects privacy and therefore saves your time and nerves. Download AdLock for Windows from here and install it on your PC.
- Open and adjust AdLock
Once you open AdLock, it will start to stop Taboola on Windows. Literally, you can close it now and not open it until after we mail you about new updates. Though, you can adjust it to meet your special needs. For example, if you’re loyal to a particular web source and you don’t want to hide advertisement on it, you can include it to the list of exceptions. Open an AdLocker tab in the application, click on Add domain name and type a URL in the following format: www.example.com. Since then AdLock will block ads on every website except that one.
Removing ads from Android
The main feature of AdLock for mobile is that it can block ads throughout the system. One application is all you need to make your browsers, apps, games, and messengers ad-free. And of course, AdLock is perfect to block Taboola on Android. However mobile AdLock requires several steps of adjusting. Don’t worry we will lead you through it.
Download an ad blocker for Taboola ads from here and install it on your device. Then follow instructions of the guide below to adjust AdLock:
- Check for updates
- Switch to the AdLocker tab and enable HTTPS filtering. In a pop-up window tap OK. Then you will be asked to set a drawing pattern to verify your identity for future actions. Draw a pattern you surely will remember. It’s just a formality remember AdLock doesn’t send data outside your device. You need to turn on HTTPS filtering to block ads on websites with secure internet connection otherwise ad-blocking will be either average at best or impossible at worst.
Open an application, tap on the three dots on the top right corner and choose Check updates. In a new menu tap on UPDATE ALL.
That’s it, no ads from Taboola from now.
Alternative Ways to Get Rid of Taboola Ads from Browsers
If you installed AdLock and completed all steps of adjusting it but still face the question of how to get rid of Taboola ads, then you have a Taboola adware on your computer. As we mentioned earlier, Taboola is an unwanted advertising program. It often comes in a bundle with other programs so if you prefer quick installation you may not notice that by default you additionally agree to install Taboola software. The only way to get rid of Taboola ads, in this case, is to find and uninstall hijack program. This is not easy, but we will help you to get out of this.
Uninstall Taboola From Your PC
Fortunately, you can easily uninstall Taboola.
- Instructions for Windows 10:
- Open your Settings: press Windows button (one with a tiny flag) + I or right-click your Start button and find there Settings.
- Click on Apps and find Taboola in the list of installed applications. Click on it and choose Delete in the lower right-hand corner.
- Open your Control Panel: press Windows button + X or right-click your Start button and find in a pop-up list Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program under Programs. Find Taboola in the list of installed applications. Right-click on it and choose Delete.
We advise you to view the list of your applications accurately. It’s very possible to have more PUPs if you already have Taboola. Check this list and uninstall any matching software.
- Browser defender
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Bandoo Media
- HD-Plus 1.8
- IAC Search & Media
- Cinema Plus
- CloudScout Parental Control
- Coupon Printer for Win
- JfileManager 7
- Level Quality Watcher
- Mindspark Interactive
- Monterra Inc.
- Moshe Caspi
- Desktop Temperature Monitor
- Dns Unlocker
Taboola might have left unwanted extensions and other pieces of evidence in your browsers. The next guide will teach you how to remove Taboola ads from Chrome, Mozilla, Opera, Microsoft Edge, and Safari.
Taboola Removal From Google Chrome
- Remove unknown hence unwanted search engine and home pages from Chrome.
- Remove unwanted extensions from Chrome
- Reset Chrome’s settings if previous steps didn’t help
To block Taboola in Google Chrome click on Options (three dots button in the right top corner) and choose Settings. Scroll down till you find an option On startup. Click the Open a specific page or set of pages and remove any unfamiliar elements that you would surely never add.
Then scroll up to Search engine click Manage search engine and remove any unknown sources from there.
Click on Options again point over More tools and choose Extensions. Then remove any extension you can’t recognize.
Unfortunately, you will have to rollback your Chrome to its default state. Go to the Settings scroll down till you find Advanced. Click it, and you will get more options for advanced users. Scroll down till you find the box Reset and clean up. Click on Restore settings to their original defaults. In a pop-up window, you choose Reset settings.
Taboola Removal From Mozilla Firefox
Unlike Google Chrome Mozilla offers relatively autonomous decision to Taboola problem.
- Click three stripes button in the right top corner and in a drop-down menu click Help. Then in a Help menu choose Troubleshooting information.
- In the upper-right corner of the new window, click the Refresh Firefox button. That’s it Mozilla will do all the procedures to fix your adware problems.
Taboola Removal From Opera
In Opera browser, Taboola can hide in the extensions in the list of search engines and in the list of on start pages.
- On the Speed Dial page click the Easy setup button scroll down and click Go to browser settings.
- Go back to the Speed Dial click the icon of the Opera in the left-hand top corner and choose Extension. Delete any unknown elements from there.
In a new window find Search engine and On startup boxes and delete from there any unknown elements.
Taboola Removal From Safari
You will have to reset Safari to its default to get no more Taboola ads. Click Safari tab and in drop-down menu choose Reset Safari.
Taboola Removal From Microsoft Edge
If you want to stop Taboola ads in Microsoft Edge, you will have to reset this browser, too.
- Click the three-dots button at the right top corner of the browser and in the drop-down menu choose Settings.
- Under Clear browsing data, click Choose what to clear check all the boxes and click Clear. Then restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Removing Taboola from Windows Shortcuts
Taboola could hide in the target destination of the shortcuts of your browsers, and you would have to delete it manually. Follow the following steps for all browsers’ shortcuts to disable Taboola ads.
- Right-click on Chrome’s shortcut and left-click on Properties. In the shortcut tab find Target field and delete www.Taboola/?utm or any element behind .exe
- Complete all previous actions for every browser in your system.
Removing Taboola from Registry
If you still wonder how to block Taboola, then it might have been hidden in your registry. Don’t worry you will handle that just follow the next instructions.
- Press Win + R and in a run box enter REGEDIT this will open a registry editor.
- In a registry window press Ctrl + F to open the find box and enter there Taboola
- The search result will highlight the key or value containing Taboola string. It’s really important to delete only Taboola path because if you delete i. e. Google Chrome’s value data it won’t open.
Removing Taboola from Autorun Tasks
Removing Taboola from Startup
Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc buttons to open a task manager. Click here a Startup tab and uncheck any malware elements as well as elements that contain a Taboola string.
Removing Taboola from Services
Press Win + R and in a run box enter MSCONFIG this will open System Configuration. In a Services tab uncheck any malware elements, elements in which you’re not sure and elements that contain a Taboola string.
That’s it. When you complete all of the mentioned instructions, you will opt out of Taboola ads forever. Use AdLock to keep any adware away from your computer.